Have you ever felt misaligned and no matter what you do, you just can't seem to sort yourself out? After reading this you won't have to question yourself ever again...
There are seven focal energy centers in the body, known as chakras. Each chakra is located throughout our body in a linear fashion, so that it correlates to specific body ailment and physical dysfunctions; each chakra houses our mental and emotional strengths.
When something is problematic physically, it creates weaknesses in our emotional behavior. When we release the stale energy from the body, it can release any tightness, stiffness, discomfort, or malfunction of that area. The clearing of the energy can also balance our emotional state of mind. How many people do you know personally that struggle daily from emotional, physical, or even energetic defficiencies? Share these helpful tips with them and change their lives forever!!
The Chakra mind & body balance is a two-way street. If there are certain fears and emotions we are holding on to, we experience physical restrictions, too. If you have achiness or stiffness, or certain recurring emotions and fears, check out some valuable information below and you may find out which chakra is affected or blocked.
Also what you can do to start clearing these imbalances. The ideal and most accredited way to start aligning them is to start at the root chakra and work up to the crown chakra!
Root Chakra (Muladhara)
Location: Sits at the base of your spine, at your tailbone.
Like the roots of a tree your muladhara will assure to keep you feeling safe, confidence and protected. It is important to balance this chakra first before balancing the others, from an energetic stand-point, as it is widely believed that this is where we draw our life force energy from. Your root is your foundation and it needs to be secured.
Physical imbalances: Problems in the legs, feet, rectum, tailbone, immune system, male or female reproductive parts and prostate gland.
Emotional imbalances: If this chakra is out of whack we experience feelings affecting our basic survival needs (money, shelter and food) ability to provide for life’s necessities. Lacking focus and discipline and may even become afraid, anxious or restless in your daily interactions. Lack of stamina, depression, desire to do or to want anything out of life. You will have trouble obtaining financial security and will find yourself with no, or very little boundaries.
When this chakra is balanced, you feel supported, a sense of connection and safety to the physical world, and grounded. This chakra teaches you the basis of self-preservation; we have a right to be here. We are one with nature and all things created by the Creator.
Ways to Balance Root Chakra:
- Use your vivid imagination to envision a bright red glowing light during meditation or visualization at the base of your spine extending down your legs and feet grounding you to the earth, this will give you an invigorating cleanse.
- Dancing and fluid movement of the body will get you back into your state of flow and confidence.
- Your favorite supporting yoga poses used for grounding. (Mountain Pose, seated-cow pose, down-dog, warrior II, triangle pose, savasana, etc.)
- Showering and embrace and loving your physicality by being completely present as you bathe. Mindfully moving is a powerful form of meditation.
- Root healing stones include Red Carnelian, Bloodstone, Black Tourmaline, and Obsidian all aid in cleansing and balancing.
- Get a pedicure, or massage. Take special care of your feet.
Sacrum Chakra (Swadhisthana)
Location: Two inches below your navel.
What sparks your creativity? A balanced second chakra leads to feelings of wellness, abundance, pleasure, and joy. This Chakra is known for its exclusivity with Sexuality and Creativeness. When we cook, bake, or garden, we are creating. We create when we find a new solution to an old problem. Any time we take raw materials, physical or mental, and transform them into something new, we are using our creative energy.
Physical imbalances: Sexual and reproductive issues, urinary problems, kidney dysfunctions, hip, pelvic and low back pain.
Emotional imbalances: Commitment issues in relationships. Trouble expressing our emotions and to be vulnerable. Unable to have fun and be present. The inability to indulge in desires, creativity, pleasure, or sexuality because of certain traumas from childhood or adolescent memories. Experiencing fears of being useless or betrayal.
When this chakra is balanced, we have an ability to take risks, we are creative, we are committed. We are passionate, sensual and outgoing.This chakra teaches you to honor oneself and others.
Ways to balance the Sacral Chakra
- While you are meditating, imagine envisioning an orange lotus or orange crescent moon in the area of the second chakra in the pelvis area. Hold that image in your mind for a few minutes while breathing deeply.
- Oranges, melons, coconuts and other sweet fruits are good sacral chakra healing food. Cinnamon is also useful, as is drinking plenty of water.
- Sacral chakra healing stones include citrine, carnelian, orange calcite, and other orange stones. Moonstone can also be used because of this chakra’s association with water and the moon.
Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura)
Location: Three inches above your navel.
This is where what you feed yourself is converted into energy, your manipura radiates like the light of the sun. It is the chakra primarily associated with self-esteem, confidence and willpower. A balanced Manipura chakra allows you to have control over your thoughts and emotional responses, set healthy boundaries, and be at peace with yourself. Its physical association is with digestive function.
Physical imbalances: Digestive problems, liver dysfunction, chronic fatigue, high blood pressure, diabetes, stomach ulcers, pancreas and gallbladder issues, colon diseases.
Emotional imbalances: The inability to reach your full potential in life. Trouble recognizing personal power and self-esteem, our inner critic comes out and feeds our subconscious minds negative, disruptive thoughts. Experiencing fears of rejection, criticism, ones physical appearance.
If we consume healthy foods and think healthy thoughts we open ourselves up to higher forms of conciousness so I would like for you to keep this in mind when planning your next meal!
When this chakra is balanced, we feel self-respect and self-compassion. We feel in control, assertive, confident. The lesson you can learn from this chakra is self-acceptance.
Ways to Balance Solar Plexus Chakra
- The color associated with Solar plexus is yellow, which means that bananas, sunflower seeds, and yellow peppers are good solar plexus chakra healing food. Spices for the solar plexus chakra are ginger, chamomile, mint, and cumin.
- Stones of yellow hue are best to use. Crystals such as amber, citrine, golden or honey calcite, yellow sapphire are just a few. Wear or place these crystals on your body as you listen to meditative music, or carry them in your pocket.
- Meditation and aromatherapy
- This Chakra helps boost mental clarity as well as learning new things. Taking up a new hobby or playing games that stimulate and sharpens your mind. These are excellent ways to keep the Manipura chakra open and balanced.
Heart Chakra (Anahata)
Location: Heart Center
The language of the Universe is love. Why do you think its one of the most magical feelings in the world? The heart center is the area where physical and spiritual meet. This chakra is associated with unconditional love, compassion, and joy. It is the source of deep and profound truths that cannot be expressed in words. Anahata is a bridge between the lower and upper chakras integrating the manifest with the spiritual.
Physical imbalances: Asthma, heart disease, lung disease, issues with breasts, lymphatic systems, upper back and shoulder problems, arm and wrist pain.
Emotional imbalances: Misuse of the heart; over-loving to the point of suffocation, jealousy, abandonment, anger, bitterness. Fear of loneliness.
When this chakra is balanced we feel joy, gratitude, love and compassion, forgiveness flows freely, trust is gained. The lesson this chakra is teaching is love and empathy, no room for fear whatsoever for it is the basis of all negative emotions.
Ways to balance Heart Chakra
- Adding greenery such as plants or green clothing to your daily regimen to begin to heal heart Chakra
- Mantras are an incredible way to affirm your intent of opening your heart.
- The heart's energy is commonly associated with esteem issues, it is useful for you to give yourself positive affirmations to increase the positive energy associated with this chakra. Include notes on the bathroom mirror and on the computer monitor pertaining to love and personal freedom.
- Music and Meditation
- Stone associated with the heart chakra are Green Moonstone, Green Zoisite With Ruby, Pink Nirvana Quartz, Pink Datolite.
Throat Chakra (Vishuddha)
Speaking your truth is an essential skill to learn in this path of self realizaton. This chakra is the pressure valve that allows the energy from the other chakras to be expressed, it is the voice. Amazingly the element corresponding to the fifth chakra is ether or space, and the sense is hearing.
Physical imbalances: Thyroid issues, Sore throats, Laryngitis, TMJ, Ear infections, Ulcers, any facial problems (chin, cheek, lips, tongue problems) neck and shoulder pain.
Emotional imbalances: Troubles of self-expression through communication, both spoken or written. Fear of having no power or choice. No willpower to go for the things truly desired, even being out of control.
When this chakra is balanced, we have free flowing of words, expression, communication. We are honest and truthful yet firm. We are also good listeners.The lesson of this chakra is to clearly express yourself and let your voice be heard.
Ways to Balance the Throat Chakra
- Positive affirmations said aloud can tremendously heal your throat chakra
- Practicing Yoga poses that open the upper front body
- Think of bright, beautiful blue colors as your fifth chakra and inhale slowly, deeply, and intensely as you exhale imagine releasing any tension or negative energy
- Expressing your innermost thoughts on paper can be one of the most psychologically relieving activities.
- Angelite, Sodalite, Aquamarine, Lapis Lazuli, Turquoise and Azurite are some of the most effective crystals for throat chakra healing. These throat chakra stones open this chakra center, facilitating clear communication and encouraging you to express yourself for who you truly are.
Third Eye Chakra (Ajna)
Location: Between eyebrows, in the center of the forehead.
“True Love is when you are able to see yourself in another, when you recognize that there is no separation between you and any other Being in the Universe.”
― Joseph P. Kauffman. Ajna is where intuition and transcendent consciousness take priority over ordinary logic. When this sixth chakra center is open, you can see clearly into another’s heart and soul, or into your own, with a knowingness that transcends the need to speak of truth or wisdom.
Physical imbalances: Headaches, blurred vision, sinus issues, eyestrain, seizures, hearing loss, hormone function.
Emotional imbalances: Lack of imagination or visualization skills. Bad or repressed memories. Having no Critical thinking skills. Undisciplined in one's daily life, volatile, and afraid of success.
Clarity and understanding are some of the most yearned for feelings in this world. When this chakra is balanced we feel clear, focused, and can determine between truth and illusion. We are open to receiving wisdom and insight.
Ways to Balance Third Eye Chakra
- Incorporate indigo colored items into your life, such as art and flowers
- Eat foods with similar color; eggplant, prunes, figs, plums, purple potatoes, purple cabbage, purple carrots, purple onions, purple kale, purple rice, beets, grapes, raisins, elderberries, and blackberries.
- Include foods high in Omega-3s; flaxseeds, fish, nuts, and oils.
- Sun Bathing
- Stones for Healing. The 3rd eye chakra stones we chose for this layout are shungite,amethyst, fluorite, lapis lazuli and quartz. Any purple crystals or gemstones will work as well as any other third eye chakra stones.
- This chakra teaches you to see life from all perspectives.
Crown Chakra (Sahasrara)
Location: Crown of the head.
I can see your halo!!! This chakras function is to manage specific areas of the brain, the pineal gland, the pituitary, the nervous system and all master glands. It is strongly related to the gift of psychic knowing, and is the area where you connect with your higher self, and it also pertains to intelligence and deep thought.
Physical imbalance: Depression, inability to learn, sensitivity to light, sound, environment.
Emotional imbalances: Trouble developing self-knowledge and greater power. Imbalances arise from rigid thoughts on religion and spirituality, constant confusion, carrying prejudices that stem from beliefs we were taught as children. Also, fear of alienation.
When this chakra is in balance you will feel all of lifes pleasures intensely. You will feel grateful, alive, and full of joy!
Ways to Balance the Crown Chakra
- Spirituality and the Crown Chakra have strong ties, that is why it is important to include meditation of all sorts preferably any that aid in any imbalances.
- Slow yoga practice that allows time for plenty of focus on the breath is ideal.
- Practicing mindfulness.
- Crown chakra healing stone include; Selenite, Amethyst, Charoite, Phenakite.
Once apon a time before we've learned anything we've has knowledge of certain truths and ancient wisdoms that refer to our anatomy and I hope that it was very informative and a helpful guide for you to remember forgotten truths and balance your chakras. Please feel free to comment or share!!